Mutual Building and Loan Association was founded in 1890 by a group of professional business men in Franklin who wanted to invest in the future of the city. In 1994, the bank converted to a state savings bank charter, allowing Mutual to expand its products and services. On October 1 of that year, the bank became known as Mutual Savings Bank. In recent years, Mutual has continued to steadily grow – adding two additional branches in Franklin as well as locations in Nineveh and Trafalgar.
Our mission is to provide high quality service and great products. We want to see our customers and the communities in which we serve succeed in meeting their financial goals. Our reputation for responsive customer service and genuine interest in the needs of our customers is what make us a friendly place to bank!